J's other best gal fell through. nothing personal, just life details getting in the way of things we want to do. so i am stepping up the bridal party food chain. now, i know you are thinking it, and i have already been asked...
i am actually very happy, and honored. (not irritated. or feeling second best or whatever. forget that.) J worried about how i would feel, and i could honestly tell her i was thrilled she asked me to be in her wedding to begin with, and where i stand in line doesn't really matter. so my mother was asking if i had any new responsibilities. yes and no.
what i already committed to...
- being J's sounding board
- attending bridal shower
- planning some sort of bachelorette party
- wearing strapless hunter green stain dress
- actually styling my hair and make-up for a change
- setting up church and reception site
- doing what the maid of honor says J wants
- standing for lots of pictures
- tearing down after the reception
- drinking to health and happiness of couple
- giving speech at the reception
- signing marriage license
- standing for a few additional pictures
- making sure the other bridesmaids are doing what J wants
*i say "supposedly" because if i know J, the day she has her first child will be even bigger!