03 October 2007

three things...

first, i turned the heel on the second southwestern sock yesterday, and i am part way up the leg. i only have about 30 more rounds before i bind off. woot!

second, i got an email last night around 11pm from one of my work pals at the store.... my Fall Into Autumn swap buddy stopped by over the weekend! and she just then told me! (hehe. thanks, D.!) i was opening the show, so i wasn't working. both good and bad--i'm a little excited still that we have an anonymous swap and i want to wait until after my package arrives to know who my buddy is. but at the same time, how cool would it be to get to meet your pal--especially in a yarn store.

well, swap buddy...
i hope you had a good time at the shop and that everyone was nice to you. the pal who emailed me is very sweet, so i'm sure it couldn't be bad! she also said you bought something, so i hope you are enjoying your goodies!

third, we have a new Fall Into Autumn topic of the week....

Are there any recipes you especially enjoy having in the Fall? Any foods that are seasonal that you especially enjoy?
for me, fall marks the return to real cooking and the beginning of holiday food planning.

a few weekends ago i did a big stock up on cooking. i go back to the things you make in the oven and freeze them because this is a very busy work season for me. fall means baked zitti, veg. lasagna, and homemade mac and cheese are back!

my mum and i also start to talk about the Christmas Eve dinner. this is our big special occasion for me, and my parents. we have dinner on the 24th before doing the big family gathering on the 25th. we use the crystal and make a several course meal. so planning it is a lot of fun, and we start early. in fact, mum and i talked about a new recipe while it was still september!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Swap Pal, I just loved your store. I had my daughter with me and we bought some lucious angora for a swirly scarf. And I bought one of the sweet see through bags that your store sells. Everyone was so nice and your displays are very good (I understand you made the signs for them!). Sorry to have missed you but I wasn't sure if I would have said anything to you if you were there. I don't want to spoil the secret! I will be down again as my son is just a freshman this year, so I am sure I will be back. Yours is the first yarn store we could actually find in the D.C. area. We then went to one of your local nail salons and had a pedicure and manicure. A real girly day! We both enjoyed Bethesda and want to shop there again. Thanks again for the info on your store! Talk to you again soon...your swap pall.