02 September 2007
my first swap!
i joined my first swap today. i'm starting small and doing a dishcloth swap. registration goes through September 8 over here. we get partners after that! weeeee!
now... my questionnaire.
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? I do both. I have crocheted for about 5 years, and I have been knitting for a little more than 7 months.
2. Have you made dishcloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? i have made them before, and i mostly make them as gifts. those that i own and use are gifts from others to me!
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? I like Peaches and Cream for dish cloths and softer things like Tahki Cotton Classic or Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille for face cloths. i'm not sure what i want to try next...
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? i knit on metal interchangeable circular needles and wooden double points. i crochet with metal, but i hate addi turbo crochet hooks.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? depends on the project.... i like greys, black, deep reds, raisin, and pinks for clothing and accessories. i love crazy colors for socks and wash cloths. not a big fan of blues or lighter purples, and i actively dislike pastels.
6. What do you like best about Autumn? the crisp air, the way it smells, and the leaves. i also like dressing in layers but not being snowed on! so it is the perfect time of year.
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! hm. pumpkin or pecan. but only a little bit.
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school, or the one who overslept on the 1st day? i always liked school, but i was usually nervous about starting up again.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap) i like halloween, but i don't really do anything with it. (costumes are my job, so why would i do one for "fun"?) i'm not a huge fan of seasonal decor, but i love skulls all year round.
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? deluxe mixed nuts, sorbet, twix.
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) none of the above. but i want a kitty desperately. send me one?
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? hand painted sock yarn--it is springy and bright. and it takes a long time to knit. =)
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? i use the fancy ones for my face and more utilitarian ones for dishes.
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) i guess thanksgiving. because i get to take a break and see people i'm not around very often.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? i have a boatload of allergies, but here are the pertinent ones.... mohair, angora, bananas, cucumber, apple-flavoured candies. my skin is wacky, so the simpler the soap, the better.