18 September 2007

pants on fire

remember when i said little posting because i am busy? well, posting my topic of the week reply for the Fall Into Autumn swap means a chance for a cool prize. so i make exceptions.

a cool prize if worth the ten minutes of sleep i won't get.

When you knit or crochet dishcloths, washcloths or face cloths, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for cloths? What is so special about it?

I must be the least fussy needlework enthusiast in the world. i just use what i have on hand when it comes to needles and hooks. i have several sets of inexpensive crochet hooks (acrylic and metal) and i use those in an "H" or "I" typically.

for knitted cloths i use a handy interchangeable circular set in a size US 7 or 8. i also have cheap straights in those sizes that i am willing to use if i have my circulars in a project. i knit the two cloths for my pal on my stupid Susan Bates aluminum size 8 needles.

i like Peaches and Cream yarn for dish cloths. i only use Sugar and Cream if they have a color i Must Have. it just is too rough. peaches isn't a lot better, but it is enough better that i prefer it. since i work at my LYS, i'll buy fancy stuff for gifts and face cloths.

i am very excited about the cloths i knit for my pal. they were made with very yummy Karabella Windy. oooh. fancy. fancier than i would make for me!

now that i think about it, i knit a sweater for my friends' little boy out of Sweaterkits CottonLiscious , and i think i would like to try that for cloths. see how it holds up for the long haul. it is a lot like Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, and i really enjoyed working with it.

okay. done.

must. go. to. bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Secret Pal, This swap is going to be a challenge. You work in a LYS! Boy I hope I can come through and surprise you. Your mitten is adorable and I agree that cooking is in order with this lovely weather. I will be in D.C. next weekend to visit my students at CUA. I hope the good weather holds up for us. Have a great weekend.