24 August 2007

wells fargo wagon is a comin'...

vintage roseclearly i decided to be very good to myself (and my feet) for my birthday because two more skeins of sock yarn arrived yesterday. they were tucked into my mailbox along with a note saying i need to pick up my bridesmaid dress at the post office. the verdict is still out on how the dress will fit, but i have made my mind up about the yarn.

amazing!
first we have.... 437 yards of 100% Superwash Merino Wool in the "Vintage Rose" colorway courtesy the Skein Queen. she is in Berkshire, UK, and the package took about a week from when i clicked "order" to it arriving snuggly in my mailbox. when i opened it, i discovered a great bit of cuteness--the package was sealed with a tiny sticker photo of my yarn! so sweet!

i love this yarn. seriously. it is so soft--i can't stop rubbing it on my face. yum. and the pretty hot pink, candy pink, and grey (with a tiny sneak of purple) is beautiful. she dyed this one from an inspiration--a vintage print of a rose design.

red sunflowerthe next skein is 460 yards of 75% Superwash Wool, 25% Nylon in the "Red Sunflower" colorway from Thank Ewe. the seller threw in some candies and rolled my skein into a center pull ball! nice!

go check out their stuff--the prices are fantastic.

i can't wait to knit with one of my new yarns. i am going to have such a hard time choosing which one of these to work with next! eeeeeh!

No comments: